Thursday, April 23, 2009

Update: Zurich Classic Day One

If you were at the tournament and didn't know where Nick was...pretty sure you could have found in a nearby sand trap. He had a rough day...spent the day in sand and his ball even went for a swim on the front nine.




Well I've got good news and bad news from Day One.

Good news first.

Kenny Perry is -3 under 69 and three back from the leader. I'm happy to see he bounced back with a great first round after such a disappointing loss at the Masters. I read how he had a rough couple of days after the loss, he couldn't sleep and one night he went on a three hour drive until 5 a.m.


Okay, now for the bad news....Nick Watney.

Call me a jinx, I don't know what the deal is...I guess he's bound to have a bad round every now and again but he's been on such a streak that I didn't think it would end anytime soon. For having a double bogey and four bogeys on the round, it could have been a lot worse but luckily he also had four birdies on the day....sitting ugly at +2 over 74. Dude has gotta have a heck of a day tomorrow or he's not going to make the cut. And that would just be sad, although I would watch a lot less golf this weekend. Let's hope he kicks it into high gear tomorrow.

I'm guessing this was happening a lot during his first round.

No comments:

Post a Comment