Monday, April 20, 2009

Brought to you by: pantalones blancos

So, I knew starting this blog that I would be writing about different players on the tour. I have a great job where I get to interact with the players even if for just a brief moment. It really helped me re-kindle my love for the game...I have a more invested interest.

So anyways, I know I picked him to win last week....he didn't. Not by a longshot. But nevertheless, this post was inspired by Camilo Villegas's white pants.

I absolutely love his style....he wants to look good, he tries to look good, he knows he looks good.

Which brings me to this: American players could really learn a thing or two or twelve about how to dress on the course. You want to draw more women to the game? Well give 'em something to look at. Most women will answer, "the uniform" when asked what is their favorite thing about baseball or football. Don't get me wrong, I love me a good pair of football pants....but I actually watch football because I love football(the cute guys are just a bonus). And i love golfers, I do. Ask anyone who knows me. I realize that there are a lot of golfers who just don't care about fashion and style, but I still think you can have a little bit of fun and show your personality in what you're wearing. Or am i trying to make a guy be a girl that way?

I love seeing someone take a fashion risk, even if it's definitely a fashion don't....you gotta respect them for just putting it out there even if it's awful. Some examples:



Usually Luke Donald(right) looks fantastic, this is definitely not standard from him. However this is the standard from Ian Poulter(left), I think the spiky blonde hair is more the turnoff here actually, but put Adam Scott in this outfit and yeah I think you know what would happen.

Some major do's:

I was very conservative on this one, I'm not saying I need to see crazy outfits or anything...just add a little spice to it. On the broad spectrum of things: Camilo - matching orange belt and sweatband on an all-white outfit. Adam Scott(I maybe spent awhile longer looking for a picture of him...but lay off, I have had a crush on Adam Scott for 9 years). This outfit is simple, but still does the trick. On the right you have a very subdued khaki look on Webb Simpson, but it still manages to pop. Okay, maybe I just find him cute.

Side note: I googled for a picture of his white pants and found a blog that I now love....this post really made me laugh, okay not really a laugh, but a chuckle. Any other sarcastic golf enthusiasts like myself will love this blog.You should click and read it...but if not here's the basic gist.

Dear Sergio,
you're such a douche.
love,
Augusta

http://www.forerightbob.com/2009/04/augusta-national-apologizes-to-sergio.html

1 comment:

  1. oh how I love his white pants! specifically the white argyle sweater with white pants that he wore at the Buick - amazing combo. so yeah, I agree that this golfer has some style!

    ReplyDelete