Thursday, April 16, 2009

Pick of the week- Verizon Heritage

First installment of the pick of the week. I am pretty awful at most brackets, however I'm kind of awesome at golf brackets. You know you work in golf when you have betting pools for Matchplay and all the majors.

Seeing as how a lot of the "big names" are not playing this week....hopefully a guy who's been waiting on the wings will be able to shine and bring the big check home. Or a guy who they call superman because how super is it that his white pants never get dirty?

So, if you know golf you've guessed one of my picks....Camilo Villegas. He's been in the hunt at so many tournaments this year-sooner or later it's all bound to click at once, and he'll walk away the winner. How can you not love Camilo? He is an entertainer. I love being able to see his reactions, whether good, bad, or not knowing where the heck the ball is going to land. He's great for the sport. He's a genuinely nice guy and doesn't that always make you like someone more? Also, how can you not want him to win after seeing him walk off the 18th green in the outfit below and still have it be completely pristine white? And he freaking does the superman pose because he did it once and the fans loved it, so he decided to keep doing it. It doesn't hurt that aside from being immensely talented, he's insanely gorgeous. I vote Camilo.



I'm giving myself a second pick....because I can. This guy is not someone who hasn't tasted victory, he has...a few times. He's a putting whiz, an all-around great player. But I want to see him win this year. Aaron Baddeley. He leads bible study for any guy on the tour who wants to be involved....so awesome. And he's not afraid to rock weird outfits. Do you see a trend forming? Well dont, because if my favorite was playing this week, I'd pick him....and he is not the most fashionable on the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment